INTEGRATED | WHOLE-PERSON | PROVEN | LIFE-CHANGING
Health and Wellness
Focused on the person—not just the disease.
Envolve PeopleCare’s Health and Wellness services are designed to address disease management needs at the 1:1 level. We understand that health behavior change is possible when you recognize and treat each person as an individual, not simply the condition they have. That is why our person-centric Health & Wellness approach is tailored to fit each participant and reach them through different modalities—including multi-disciplinary telephonic coaching, online resources and educational mailings.
- Our accredited and award winning disease management programs include:
- Asthma (adult and pediatric)
- Back Pain
- Diabetes (adult and pediatric)
- Heart Disease (heart failure and CAD)
Comprehensive care coordination blends traditional clinical health coaching with behavioral and life-issue assistance to reduce barriers to long-term, sustainable health improvement—such as transportation to the doctor and pharmacy, electricity, and a safe home environment. We work with individuals to develop customized care plans and set appropriate goals to become active self-managers of their health.
The Best Support—From the Best Person
Our team includes coaches from multiple disciplines, including registered nurses, dietitians, tobacco cessation specialists and social workers. Participants are assigned to work with one primary coach based upon their Health Risk Assessment and Biometric Screening data (if available)—as well as historical claims data or referral details. This primary coach then facilitates sessions with others on the multidisciplinary team based upon the individual’s needs and motivation. For example, a member’s primary coach who is a certified diabetes educator may arrange a call for the member to talk with one of our registered dietitians about medical nutritional therapy. Our whole-person approach allows us to meet members where they are and provide the help they need—rather than shoehorning them into a single silo.
Participants are stratified into a low-, moderate- or high-risk category based upon their clinical risk, readiness to change and health literacy. This creates a solid framework for customized care plans and prioritized goals. It also guides how many coaching sessions participants will likely need—and if they may benefit from other services, including relevant programs, mail-based interventions, and online tools or resources. It’s a smart, tactical way to provide the right level of intervention while maximizing efficiency.
Our Proven Results
Our coaching success is fueled by several factors:
- Incentive strategies based on behavioral economics
- Customized and targeted communications
- Extensive health coach training on cognitive behavior engagement techniques and motivational interviewing
- Outreach specialists making outbound calls with messages tailored for unique cultures
- Life barriers addressed at outreach
- Integration between portal and coaching:
- Coaches have the benefit of seeing information contained in the individual’s portal record before sessions
- Coaches can push messages to our portal to help drive participants to take action
Propelled by Innovation
- Pharmacy Care Program: Improving medication safety, adherence and appropriateness for those with chronic conditions by addressing clinical and non-clinical barriers.
- Teen Asthma Program: Which earned us a National Environmental Leadership Award in 2014 from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Pediatric Obesity Program: Helping children get healthier by helping the parents take a leading role—as well as enhancing the telephonic coaching process with daily education and motivation delivered via social media.
- Video Coaching: Providing an even more personal relationship by seeing one’s health coach using secure 2-way video conferencing.
Choosing us means you’re getting a true partner, not simply a vendor. You’ll benefit from all that we’re doing and learning—and perhaps even choose to join in a future pilot with us!
Reach people where they are—online, onsite or by phone.
Tap into a pool of experts ranging from RNs to MSWs.
Allows coaches to see a wealth of user data to guide the process.
Tackles life-related barriers that often stymy better health.